We are a fine art conservation and restoration company, providing our services primarily to the professional market. We're a member of the American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic works. The benefits of working with us include:
- The highest quality restoration and conservation services
- Among the lowest professional treatment costs
- Unique and challenging treatments, including the re-creation of large areas of loss
- Free local pickup, delivery, and examinations
- Easy-to-read proposals with detailed pictures that you can forward directly to your client
- Referral discounts
- Fine art galleries and dealers
- Museum curators and collection directors
- Fine art appraisers
- Interior designers
- Upscale framing galleries and stores
- Private collectors
- Insurance claims adjusters
If have an item that could use our attention, please fill out the form by following the "Schedule an Exam" link on the left. You may also contact us by phone at 773.383.2401 or 773.383.2402, so we can schedule an on-site examination of your items, or for you to come drop them off at the studio. Most items may also be shipped to us.
Our examinations and treatment proposals are free of charge. Upon receiving the item, or information describing it, we will send you a treatment proposal within a week. Without having the item itself, we can only give you a preliminary proposal based on our best understanding of the item's condition before lab testing.
As a registered client, you have access to all this information, updates on the progress of the treatment, as well as your past cases. Upon receiving the item and your approval, we will proceed with the treatment, which usually takes about three weeks. Of course, the treatment time could vary depending on the complexity and the number of items. Rush orders are usually availible, but we encourage you to schedule in advance, especially prior to large shows (and we certainly appreciate it).
Upon completion, the items will be packed for pickup, delivery, or shipping. We can arrange to have the items shipped via FedEx, or an art moving company of your choosing. An invoice will be sent to you via email (or fax, upon request). As a registered client, you can also access your current invoice and your payment history online. You can make your payment in cash, check, or with a credit card, either in person, by phone, or online.
- Paintings – all ages and substrates, including canvas, paper, wood, metal, glass, silk, leather, plaster, board, polymers, etc. This also includes all media - oil, tempera, acrylic, gouache, watercolor, encaustic, etc.
- Documents and works of art on paper and parchment – watercolors, pastels, drawings, collages, prints, certificates, etc.
- Antique photographs
- Screens and scrolls
- Sculptures and objects – wood, metal, stone, concrete, plaster, etc.
- Antique frames
We also offer consultation about treatment history, previous conditions and artwork authenticity (not an appraisal).
- On-site examinations and condition reports of larger items and collections
- Preparation for exhibitions and shows
- Preparation for acution sales
- Treatment of estates and collections